Job description: Project Manager (Full time, 12 months)
Project 189 protects, promotes and improves the rights of migrant workers in the Middle East. Our vision is for all migrant workers to be equal and free from all forms of exploitation, discrimination and abuse.
Our mission is to strengthen labor and human rights law in the Middle East through advocacy, awareness, empowerment, innovation, and the promotion of International Standards and best practices.
Project 189 works on the promotion and protection of the rights of all migrant workers in the Middle East so all their rights are respected; where they can live in freedom, free from fear, violence and abuse. We are determined to help build strong institutions that assure – through an appropriate legal frame, practices and policies – justice, protection and promotion of human rights.
We seek to do more than provide a superficial solution. We strive to fix larger systemic problems and empower migrant workers to live a better life.
COMMUNITY & INCLUSIVENESS
We understand that we can accomplish more if we work together with and for our community and in collaboration with other NGOs.
We commit not only to protect, promote and improve the lives of migrant workers in the region, but also to do it well.
We are committed to do our work through innovative approaches that will help us overcome society’s problems and overcome challenges.
ACCOUNTABILITY & TRANSPARENCY
We are accountable to the resources bequeathed to us and we ensure and demonstrate a good return on the resources available to us. We will operate openly and provide full disclosure on issues around operations and funding practices.
For more information, see: https://project-189.org/
ABOUT THIS PROJECT
This project seeks to develop the first interactive mapping tool for human trafficking and forced labor in Kuwait. Our team will collect, analyze, visualize data, and report on the status quo of migrant workers in Kuwait. We will also coalesce with like-minded organizations to provide a support network for migrant workers at risk and develop formative workshops/campaigns that promote corporate responsibility within the private sector, awareness among the wider society and enhance harm reduction strategies together with embassies.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are looking for a project manager who has the ability to work independently, has knowledge and experience on coordinating projects and has an understanding of the local context. An understanding of human trafficking and modern slavery will be an advantage. The project manager will be responsible for managing the overall project. The project manager will work together with the project director and team to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
Our ideal candidate will have the ability to take the needed initiative to ensure the progress and success of the project and work independently. He/she must take responsibility and be able to deliver required results, including expected reports, surveys and/or summaries. He/she must be reliable, willing to constantly learn and must know how to work in a team. Most important he/she must understand the importance of our work and be able to understand our objectives.
- Maintain regular contact with the partner NGOs and provide supervision and guidance for our engagements with NGOs
- Plan, lead and coordinate the production and compilation of the services provided by the partner NGOs
- Lead the engagements with all local stakeholders;
- Organize and manage group of volunteers;
- Plan and lead together with a researcher a qualitative survey;
- Assist with the development and implementation of five different campaigns;
- Maintain communication with the project director and researcher
- Provide support with other activities for the success of this project.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- B.A. in Social Sciences or other relevant degree or experience
- In-depth knowledge and critical understanding of the specific situation of migrant workers, including domestic workers and/or the socio-economic and cultural context of Kuwait
- Experience in project management and preferably in the NGO sector
- Experience in engaging with all different types of stakeholders and building linkages; Based in Kuwait
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a high level of competence in English, with the ability to write papers and reports;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, in a team and remotely;
- Fluency in Arabic is a plus.
- Ability to work strategically and respectfully with diverse stakeholders. Familiarity with working with governments, communities and grassroots organisations;
- Accountability and the ability to deliver on agreed tasks to a high standard;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently;
TERM, REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
Duration: Full-time, 12 months.
Monthly Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and work experience in the relevant field around 2,400 USD per month.
Deadline for applications: As soon as filled
Interviews and review: As soon as possible
Position to start: As soon as possible
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject Project Manager with your CV and a cover letter. The cover letter should not be long, but it should include how with your experience and background will you be able to successfully deliver this role’s expectations. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.